Tuesday, August 11, 2009

finally home!

We are finally back home! The past week has been amazing, and we are home sweet home with lots of great memories of our trip. Not only was I lucky enough to meet Chris in London, but I got to spend a wonderful night in Chicago with my family and Erin, the wife of one of Chris' co-workers who was also in England with Chris. I got to see my family, my grandma (who I hadn't seen since our wedding over a year ago), have Lou Malnati's pizza, and have a great nighttime walk down Michigan Avenue and along the beach. It made me miss the city so much, and I wish Chris could have been there to share that perfect night with me! Once Erin and I arrived in London, we met the boys and began our whirlwind 3 days in the city. I don't think we've ever walked quite as much as we did in those 3 days, but man, did we see a lot! I was so thankful for Chris, and I think our traveling was made easier because of his knowledge of the subway system and his skill with reading maps of foreign cities :) We had a lot of fun, and after sore feet and lots of blisters, our London adventure came to a close and we headed home. I would like to think that we all had a really great time together, and not only did we get to see a new part of the world, we made some great friends and hopefully will have them in our lives for a long long time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment