Sunday, August 2, 2009

miss independent

Lately I've been feeling like a lot of people don't really believe in me, or believe that I'm capable of doing much on my own, so I used this week to start finding my independence again. I think that I've let people take care of me for so long that I've lost some of myself, and I've been needing to find those parts of me again. I'm so ready to ditch this helpless image and make people believe that I am the smart, hardworking person that I know is still inside me. They say to start with baby steps, right? Chris being out of town and our really horrendous bathroom gave me some motivation - I decided that it was time to paint our second bathroom and do it completely by myself. I know this doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but it's the first time I've done something like this 100% on my own and I needed to do it (and do a good job) to prove to myself that I can do things without someone else's help. I realized that painting by yourself is so much more time consuming and not as fun as if you have someone to do it with you! I'm proud to say that after just over a day, I completed my first task and it looks pretty darn good! I'd like to think that this is the start of something bigger, something more meaningful than just changing the color of paint on a wall, and maybe, just maybe, this is the start of me getting back the parts of me that I so desperately miss.

1 comment:

  1. BTW...I really like that paint color you chose for the bathroom.

    ReplyDelete